Monday, October 14, 2019

Thesis Update

Self Love (or something like that I guess)

For a long time, societal pressure kept me in a place of dishonesty with myself about who I am to my core. I have recently come to a place where I am no longer doing that. In celebration of this fact, I am out to create work that breaks all of mainstream society’s rules. Rules of language, of gender, of sexuality, of imagery and design, I am here to challenge the things that my brain has for so long told me are “right” or “proper” about being a human being. This is not meant to be an act of Vanity or Conceit but rather An exploration of self love and what that means through the embracing and celebration of traits that general society tends to attempt to stomp out or tell us is "wrong".

1 comment:

  1. maybe add something about the physical material visual work too, e.g. —

    I am exploring and/or rehearsing and/or experimenting with these ideas in work that is (1) purely textual/typographic, (2) purely visual/graphic, and (3) a combination of textual and graphic/pictorial material.

    ReplyDelete