Monday, October 21, 2019

Playing with humor

I came up with this idea to make one of those 'happy birthday/congrats' banners and create my own message for it. Thankfully, I have access to a Cricut machine. I like this concept because it can be read in a different tone depending on the reader. And honestly, it's pretty funny.

'Congrats on finding the clitoris'
This is at a really small scale compared to what I want to print it at. Once I decide on a color scheme and get the paper, I'm also going to get some brad fasteners to piece it together with. That way it will move more naturally. I'm not sure on colors quite yet.



Full studio view (just so you can see how big the banner currently is at)



I had planned to have a second layer on the lettering (scoring), but it wasn't working programming wise. **Update, I figured it out! I can print it for the next one*** So then I thought I'd try cutting out a whole other layer and putting it on top, but I'm not sure I like the look of it. It may just be better as one layer, or maybe the layer on top should be the same color as the first, just to add dimension without another color.



Color suggestions?
Gold or silver, blacks, pinks? One color vs two? Scoring vs layering vs one layer?




3 comments:

  1. is it a prize? who gets to receive it? and who to award it?
    is it an award to a lover? to oneself?

    "Congratulations, you've found" — is there a series of these?

    is it an ad campaign, or objects, purchasable and/or giftable?



    good, this. suddenly something that is put in relationship to people.
    good to imagine who they are, what the situation(s) is/are.

    ReplyDelete