Monday, November 18, 2019

lost and found doodles to help steer my project.


I have come to the realization that I don't do much doodling anymore which seems to be a huge role when it comes to brainstorming and formatting ideas. So naturally, I referred back to my previous sketchbooks, all from last year because I want to see what my brain was doing and how I ended up with the thesis I have now. Most of the doodling I do is messy and repetitive, my mind works in the way of mimicry I have come to notice. The things I draw are mostly me studying an image and repeating it over and over again. Like my thesis, my sketches are based around my inner and outer selves whether I knew I was doing it or not. Unconsciously mimicking something is perhaps a deeply rooted aspect of my personality, something I am good at or successful in doing. I have seemed to memorize the basic structure of the face to the point where drawing one is not hard but having to create a fictional face off the top of my head is merely impossible. So why have I been obsessed with faces since I was 12? I'm not sure but they are something I draw over and over but I mimic each drawing in order to try and create something/someone new.

These are some doodles I found interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment