Monday, November 18, 2019

Embroidery, prints, and a GIF

I finished the embroidery I was working on. Definitely fun, and has a nice feel and texture to it. It's pretty but still has that 'vulgar' imagery, without actually looking vulgar. Definitely time consuming though. Something I still want, but perhaps slightly less important than creating prints right now. I will continue with these as time allows.


I also thought more about the '28' book. It's something I want to pursue, so I began doing prints for it. These are in a way how I wanted them to look, but part of the way through I realized I should have put a layer of color underneath the red to refer to 'skin', like I had in my other prints. My idea for this is to create 28 small prints using the same linoleum block. About 5 of the prints will have one additional color (red) that the others don't, representing the average 5 day period cycle. I also went ahead and created a GIF that rotates through the prints I made, showing the cycle going from light, to heavy (new and old blood), and back to light again before finishing up.



I am still working on prints of all vulvar shapes and sizes as well. I'm hoping to make a 'V' book packed full of vulva prints.


1 comment:

  1. yes.
    wonder if there's a way if the 28 vulva, are more distinctive from each other in terms of form. (no vulva the same).
    but this is good move.

    the embroidery a good parallel move.
    embroidery slower, of course, and more resistant to variation.

    ReplyDelete