Monday, September 16, 2019

Things bouncing around inside my brain

Is it more important to have figure or object? Or both? Alternation? They often go hand in hand. 
Full figure or section? Genitals, breasts, hands, mouth, paired with vibrator, bondage rope, etc?


My brain keeps going back to an a-z of sex, but I think I’d feel like I’m ripping off or taking too
much inspiration from Pâté‘s A-Z of Sex and Disability Explicitly Challenges the Status Quo
Ex. G - G Spot, or grab/grip, Giggle; S - Sensitive/Sensual (Nipples? Ears?), Silk, Sag, Squeeze;
P - Position, Pleasure, Protection


‘Dictionary’/’Guide’ to Sex? Terms with imagery? Or perhaps a ‘necessities to sex’ illustrational
book/poster display of some sort? ‘Necessities’ could mean anything, including objects, mindset,
and body/bodies. This may keep closest to my current thesis statement. I’m not sure if I necessarily
want to stray completely away from sex and confidence yet. Maybe what I’m looking for is not
necessarily just confidence within sex itself, but also the tools involved for the most enjoyable
experience?

A book or ‘pocket guide’ of sex could prove humorous as well if taken in the right direction. I say
humorous because it can seem silly to pick up a guide of sex and read it. Makes me think of those
‘____ for Dummies’ books. Sex is one of those things that can be laughed at, whether nervously,
casually, or in the moment. Definitely something to think about.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder, how much people know about their bodies, and others' bodies.
    Enough?
    How much is enough?
    How best to gain this knowledge, and in what spirit?

    You are wrestling with good questions, good issues.

    Nicola Heath's essay in The Guardian, "Repeat after me: vagina is not a dirty word" addressed some of this, and suggested some lines of inquiry ("lines"!) of inquiry, including Jen Gunter's work.
    here



    I think it's good that you continue drawing (or other making) while your inquiry continues.

    ReplyDelete